Please take note that https://sites.google.com/site/scienceeport/ will supplement some of the posts in this page. References to the Google Site will be in the related posts.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Reflection: Term 2 test results

The second term test is about acids, bases and salts, and reflection of light on plane mirror. This time, not only did I compile and memorise the facts, I also did a lot of practices so as to gain exposure and have a better understanding on would be tested in the test. I found that to be able to score well for both these topics on chemistry and physics, I needed to have the ability to foresee which type of questions would exactly come out in the test, and be able to apply the rules I learnt in the questions.

I find acids, bases and salts, a topic that is greatly logical – or in other words, it requires the student to be able to have basic mathematics calculation skills of addition and subtraction. For example, the way protons and electrons stabilize one another complicates the matter in

This time, to my elation, I obtained exceedingly excellent results. Not only was it an A1, it was a high A1 – 37.5/40. Yet, I did not get the highest score in the class this time, though it was only 2.5 marks from the full marks. The highest score in class was a whopping 39/40, which translates to 97.5/100. I admit that the paper was relatively easy, and it is indeed possible to achieve such stunning results, however, I have to agree that it is nonetheless extremely difficult to get this mark – to allow hardly any error except only 1 mark deducted from the test was almost impossible. Well, but for myself, I felt quite satisfied with my results – especially feeling very satisfied after putting in so much hard work and effort. The sense of achievement was great, and I felt grateful that my efforts were not futile.

No comments:

Post a Comment