Please take note that https://sites.google.com/site/scienceeport/ will supplement some of the posts in this page. References to the Google Site will be in the related posts.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Reflection: Term 3 test results

The recent result I received was 32.5/40, again, an A1 that barely meet the requirements. The test topics ranged from biology to physics, with ecology and refraction and total internal reflection of light, which is combination of facts and application types of questions.

This time, due to time constraint, I had no choice but to compromise my science revision time for other subjects such as Integrated Humanities. As a matter of fact, because my science test is one day right after my Integrated Humanities, and that Integrated Humanities required much more memorization work, I planned that I should only leave one day for my revision for science – in other works, my revision this time was sort of a last minute kind.

However, I already had quite a sufficient understanding on the physic topics due to listening intently during class time, and also because physics mainly required us to think and draw. Either that or we needed to perform some mathematics functions which required the involvement of trigonometry, or the sine, cosine and tangent, in which I quite good at. Therefore, that leaves me with some memorizing work for ecology. I did not actually had quite enough time for practicing, which to me definitely is not negligible, but I had no choice but to make do with it.

As a matter of fact, the main problems I faced in this test is because I did not have enough time to do the bonus question, which many of my classmates obtained marks from. Perhaps, it is because I did not practice enough for my test, thus being slow and insensitive to the methods used to solve trivial questions, thus wasting unnecessary time. There was again careless mistakes, and another blatant error due to not reading the question properly, thus missing out the naming of symbols in a ray diagram.

It was a low A1, but well, at least I managed to maintain my standard!

No comments:

Post a Comment