Please take note that https://sites.google.com/site/scienceeport/ will supplement some of the posts in this page. References to the Google Site will be in the related posts.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Periodic Table

The periodic table is being defined as a table of the chemical elements arranged in order of atomic number, usually in rows, so that elements with similar atomic structure (and hence similar chemical properties) appear in vertical columns. Yet, we have to know much more than that! :(

Not only do we need to have the sufficient understandings about the periodic table, for example, what vertical and horizontal rows and columns are for, we also need to memorise what each rows represent, although, the middle portion we only need to know that it is called the transition metals. Alas! We still needed to know many other things. The properties of each and every group of elements for instance, and some usages of the different element groups.

To me, though periodic table is somehow, or quite significantly related to the previous topic of chemical bonding and atomic structure, I found it relatively difficult to memorise. I knew that this was because I did not see the link of it with the everyday lives of us. However hard it was to memorise everything, it was still an inevitable part that we needed to memorise. As such, I still prepared some notes to facilitate a more effective way of learning...


Have fun viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment